jessica's lil' bit of fun

...a lil' bit of friends and fun

Thursday, December 01, 2005

home is where the heart is...





Ok, yes, we are back at my house, I promise after this one I will stop with HOME. Haha. So Thanksgiving day my Mom decided she was going to do her Christmas Decorating. With my mom it is a big deal, because she is picky about where things go. So I can't really help with the decorating part, but I get the joy of packing up all the fall items and running boxes up and down from the basement. I guess that's ok. I'm not complaining because my mom is the best decorator I know. I love her taste! I love the country touch she puts into everything, nothing ever get's that cheesy tisil is look. SO let me explain a little. We have pictures from our dining room, our kitchen, the living room (see my piano :)., and our basement. In the basement picture on the back couch to the left is MY MOM, to the right is my Auntie (her name is Lisa, no she is not my mom's sisiter, although my mom does have a red headed sister named Lisa, that is not her, this one is my dad's brother's wife :)..haha that took a while to explain. on the front couch from left to right we have, my cousin Maddie, my sister-in-law Dianna, and my brother Gregg, my cousin Mitchell, and that litttle head at the end is my cousin Marissa!

I just want to add a word of thought. I was talking with a good friend tonight telling her that if you had asked me 4 months ago where I wanted to live, I would have told you NEW HAMPSHIRE and NOWHERE else, but the Lord has really taught and stretched me. Yes, I LOVE NH because that's where my family and my home is right now and it will always have a special place in my heart, but you know what. I could honestly tell you now that I will be content where the Lord has me, and I realize that may be somewhere else. Home is where the Lord wants you and I just wanted to challenge you all with that. Be open to where the Lord might lead, Girls maybe we are going to marry someone who dosen't plan to live where we are from, but as long as you are following what the Lord wants in your life you are going to be at home with the Lord and home to you is going to be with your husband and you will be content in that. Guys, make sure your following in the Lord and not setting your sights on what is easy or what is normal, but instead where the Lord wants you.

Yes, these pictures i've posted have a lot of meaning to me, and I love that place I call home. But I look forward to the adventure the Lord might give me in serving him and maybe, possibly someday that may not be NH!

Ok, from now on I'll try to keep you updated on what is going on with the college front. 2 weeks from tomorrow and i'm headed "home" again!!! :) yay.

I hope you all are doing well. Keep those comments coming :) Until next time.....

~jess

4 Comments:

  • At 11:57 PM, Blogger jules said…

    FUN :) u have a lovely, cozy house! thanks for sharing the pictures (finally ;) lol, j/k) ...and thanks for the little "challenge" u stuck in there. it is a good reminder to be content with where God has each of us now, for a time, till HE moves us on. love u!

     
  • At 12:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey jess! Nice blog! I hope you have an awesome week and I will see you tom!
    lata

     
  • At 8:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    man jess! you are correct! that's pretty cool to hear that from you! I will really keep that in my mind for a while. the Lord Jesus should really be the first in my life, and that's why I think that you are so right about your little...... blog.... whatever! I think you are really doing the right thing to let the creator of the entire universe lead you where he wants you!

    that's all for now! you need to do another blog before I write something again!

     
  • At 3:00 PM, Blogger Jess said…

    Thank guys for your support on this subject. matty I can't wait for you to come back and visit our home theatre!!! Nate needs to come visit too!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home