ENGULFED IN FLAMES
Last night was the annual Demolition Derby at our State Fair. I love these things, but not as much since my brother decided to be in it. HOW DANGEROUS...actually, not only my brother but my friend Todd too. They always make me so nervous, but they are still enjoyable to watch. This year I was not able to attend, because I went to my friends wedding instead! (which was a lot of fun!). But I got the scoop later...
My brother was driving along, when sparks started flying and then all of a sudden his hood of his car was engulfed in flames, he reached down to shut the fuel line off at which times flames started shooting out of his dashboard, so being the studly fire fighter he is, he bailed out the window of the car. The only thing hurt was his fire pager, which was crushed under his body HAHA. I'm so thankful he is ok, and that no one was hurt. The fire department did not have any foam to put the flames out though, and if you know much about gasoline fires, you will know that they cannot be put out with water. So the car had to burn until it put itself out. WHAT A DERBY I MISSED!!! I'm glad my mom was there to take pictures for me!!! So, here are some to share with you!!! Enjoy!

My brother was driving along, when sparks started flying and then all of a sudden his hood of his car was engulfed in flames, he reached down to shut the fuel line off at which times flames started shooting out of his dashboard, so being the studly fire fighter he is, he bailed out the window of the car. The only thing hurt was his fire pager, which was crushed under his body HAHA. I'm so thankful he is ok, and that no one was hurt. The fire department did not have any foam to put the flames out though, and if you know much about gasoline fires, you will know that they cannot be put out with water. So the car had to burn until it put itself out. WHAT A DERBY I MISSED!!! I'm glad my mom was there to take pictures for me!!! So, here are some to share with you!!! Enjoy!





1 Comments:
At 10:34 PM,
jules said…
wow. i'm so glad he's ok. but man, i love derbys too :)
Post a Comment
<< Home